Saturday, November 6, 2010

Brain Dump and Questions

Once again, it has been a bit since I've posted.  I'm still working through the balance of school and work happening in my life.  It's quite busy really. 

I find myself at that place where I have secured some new friends, but am now worrying about their status in my life.  Do we ever get to a point where we don't worry about these things?  My mother, 30 years wiser than I, still worries about what other people think of her.  I'm afraid that with my over-thinking tendencies I'm destined to worry my entire life.  It just takes so much energy that I would much rather spend reading, writing papers, or heck, just watching tv.  

I'm not bold enough to think I will never have to worry about what anyone thinks, but it would be nice to worry about it less.  I'm constantly baffled by the ability some people have to do this, and I just don't understand.  If you know about the Myers-Briggs personality assessment, it may not surprise you that I tend to test back and forth each time I take it as either a "t" or an "f" (thinker or feeler).  I'm always working to reconcile these conflicting sides of me without diminishing one or the other.  

Obviously, I haven't found a great way to do that just yet. 

Does anyone ever?

So many questions to ponder really. I'll keep working on it and let you know. 

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I don't know how old you are but I can tell you in my 20's + early 30's I had the same problems as thinking too much and just being in my head too much in general. I found out later that I had a hormone imbalance, my life is so much more positive now and I have accomplished more in 5 years than I did in all the years prior (combined). I would highly recommend seeing a doctor that specializes in hormones and see if that may your case as well. Heck, it's worth a shot, no?

    Good luck sweet girl!

    xx,

    Miss B.

    ReplyDelete