Saturday, October 16, 2010

Return from the darkness, if you will.

Well, that title sounds much more ominous than this post really is, but I'm back! Not in a permanent sense because, let's face it, I'm a graduate student and that means I will most assuredly be too busy to post all the time.  So, I'm back for now. 


The decision to return comes from the immense amount of over-thinking I've been doing.  Despite being so exceedingly busy, I've still managed to wrack my brain for too many comments and evaluations on life and distract myself from what I really should be focusing on (ahem:: classes:: ahem).  


Instead I'm often thinking about the creation of friendships.  They are a complicated and delicate thing, and take some nurturing for sure, but that is once they are established.  I'm still in that phase where a group of people is figuring out just what the dynamic is, do you remember that time?  We are all entirely new to each other, so it is a bit awkward and uncomfortable for a while and now all those alliances are being formed and people are breaking off into their own groups and it's just complicated.  


Of course, I'm over-analyzing my place in all of this: what are people thinking of me? Do they want to be my friend? Really my friend, not just a fake friend. It's complicated enough already, and my little brain is just spinning more and more into it.  Right now there is just too much going around in my mind to even begin to break it down for this post.  So, I'll resolve to relax about it a bit more and just spend time with folks.  


To start with, I'm making these babies tonight. mmmm. drool all over the keyboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment