I was meeting an old friend in a picturesque little town on the river for lunch and light window shopping. We are currently in the dredges of an upper-90's heat wave known as summer. You sweat through everything, and would kill for a light breeze. We don't need to get into the amount of time spent deciding just what to wear, but what I did with my outfit...that we shall discuss. To allow for proper ventilation and comfort in said heat wave (Call it summer if you want, but I call it miserable) I selected a cute elastic waist skirt with a simple tank top.
The dilemma? To tuck or not to tuck the tank top. This is all about the lines created on my profoundly pear-shaped self. Any kind of tucked in shirt can create some drama (read: bumps, lumps, and wrinkles on my frame). Now, the gathering of the skirt, when covered by a tank top, well that leads to some poofing and enlargement of the hips. Remember that pear-shape? Yeah. No need to make these hips bigger baby. I literally spent the entire day tucking and untucking said top.
Even with an outfit chosen and having left the house behind, I continued to over-think and change my mind throughout the day. Ah the drama-rama.
No comments:
Post a Comment