First, we have to consider that I love to get out of the house. And I mean L-O-V-E love. I get to complete a task, I get to drive around and enjoy some fabulous music-driving combination, I can stop for a fancy coffee on the way, oh the possibilities are endless. And delightful! With that said, I like to space out the fun I have, as much as possible. Helps keep me sane (or so I tell myself). I prefer to think of spacing out fun like you should space out exercise. If you work out every day for the first week of a month and then don't for the next three weeks, it doesn't do much good and just wears you out for that week. If you exercise a few times each week during the month, you get much more out of it. In an effort to space out the fun of getting out of the house, I need to think in advance about how recently I went out and when I might need to go out again.
Second, there is the list making. I love lists. Lots of them. In every pocket, notebook, or post-it. Everywhere. I just don't want to forget anything! (Not that I wouldn't love making that second or third trip) Once there are loads of little lists, I have to compile them and figure out what I really need to get and what I just thought I needed to get. Working on minimizing that impact on the environment with less extra stuff and less gas spent on trips.
Look at this already. Two paragraphs and I haven't even left the house yet! Can you see how I make this less fun?
Third, when do I leave the house? I want to maximize the time of day and things I have to do based around making meals, tv shows I like to watch, exercise in the morning, and even when I might get the urge for more caffeine.
Once I have managed to cull some sensible plan out of these variables and requirements, I can leave the house. Why do I feel compelled to think through so many things before I run a "simple" errand? I still don't know. Shit. Oh well. I'll over-think about it some more.
Your blog is interesting and the layout is very pretty <3
ReplyDeletewww.homefairies.pt.vu
Aw, thank you so much Vania! I'm just getting started...so we'll see where it goes :)
ReplyDelete